Apparently there's a home JV/Var Boy's game tonight. Sounds like it was rescheduled Friday. I don't remember Mr. Kline letting me know. Sorry about the short notice. If you can come, great, if you can't that's okay.
Monday, December 16, 2013
- MON- Sorry, no practice, I have to run paperwork in to Dr.Crabb's office in Denison, sorry
- TUE- AWAY @ Glidden-Ralston. BUS LEAVES at 4:00pm, so be in the North hallway by the gym by 3:55pm. Believe me, they will leave without you if you're not there.
- WED- Please get me your t-shirt orders with payments by the end of the day so I can submit the order to Something Unique.
- THR- I know we can't get all 8 together, I doubt we could get 6 together. I'll be happy to practice with 4, but I'm not sure its worth it to practice with just 2 or 3. We'll decide together Tuesday night if we need to practice Thursday.
- FRI- HOME GAME, we need hospitality. Sorry, between the early out and all the finals, Mr. Straight told me he'd just assume wait till next month and not have a pep rally. Be that as it may, please show your pride by wearing your unniforms at school. Thank you. REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR STOCKINGS HOME. Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Ernie let me know today that for tomorrow night's Coon Rapids game we'll take a separate van like during football. I'd just assume leave around 4:20 and go straight there- but if enough of you want to stop and eat on the way, we can leave at 3:45. Let me know your preference ASAP. Thanks.
Sunday, December 08, 2013
- TUES 12/10- Home game vs. CAM/Anita
- Either dress-up like the BB players, or show your spirit w/ BV swag!
ANYONE WANNA BRING HOSPITALITY?
- THURS 12/12- Practice for everyone but Lara & Jennifer. It would be great to stunt again.
- FRI 12/13- Away at Coon Rapids (Bus Time TBA- expect by/before 4:00pm)
- This is AWAY, so still no pep-rally, but wear uniform at school!
- SAT 12/14- HOME vs. West Harrison
- Please be there by/before 6:30pm for National Anthem
AGAIN- GOT A HOSPITALITY VOLUNTEER?
Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Keep working on demonstrating those NHS principles of Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service.
Everybody knows your grades are stellar.Keep it up.
You may have 7 other girls competing for who gets to be boss sometimes, but I for one appreciate your memory of cheers, patience teaching them and initiative and creativity. Keep it up.
Nobody's perfect, not even you. We all get impatient and irritable sometimes. Teens will be teens and sometimes we all get a little wrapped up in ourselves (not criticizing, just sayin') but as your coach I've always been touched by the dignity and kindness you offer to kids with special needs like Quincy and Scotty and to little kids (not just your own cousin). We should all treat each other the way you treat these "special" people. Keep it up.
You could've quit cheer a dozen times and just played basketball, but you kept coming out. You helped make sure that locker-decs go up and posters get made and nag me until t-shirts get ordered. You're not the only one- I totally appreciate how much everyone on this squad serves too, I'm just saying, you're smart enough and pretty enough that you could pretty easily become completely self-serving, but you know the importance of community. Your family has done a great job of impressing that on you and I appreciate it in you. Keep it up.
And to all the rest of you- she's not my favorite, I just want to congratulate her on this honor today. I'm really looking forward to seeing SIX of you inducted NEXT year. You've got the grades and you've got the hearts. All eight of you demonstrate Scholarship, BIG TIME LEADERSHIP, Character and Service. Please Keep it up!
Monday, November 11, 2013
Thursday, October 31, 2013
- Back to the original Varsity Squad (unless one of you is sick).
- However, Catherine & Lara are welcome to come (and I want you to), but be prepared to have to pay admission (sorry).
- Mr. Straight says you'll ride the pep-bus and do not have to pay for the pep-bus- However, you must remember to sign-up for pep-bus!
- No fighting.
- Please represent, stay positive, follow rules, hair up, not jewelry, etc.
- If you have any issues there, talk to Lisa, Ernie, or Mr. Straight. If she's there, and they're cheer or stunt issues, maybe look for Spenser Miller's mom.
- I'd really like it if you'd wear your uniform or warm-ups and not t-shirts, jerseys etc. This is State. This is YOUR uniform. FB boys don't get to wear cheer shells. Be proud, be united, wear the "little black dress." Black is da bombshizzle!
- Get along, you're a unit, you're sisters. Sisters may fight but they forgive & stay sisters.
- SMILE, this is State for cripe's sake (I'm looking at you Maddie!)
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Friday, October 18, 2013
Wednesday, October 09, 2013
Anyone who can make it-
- We need to make a run thru for the COU game
- Jenn has an outline for Friday's pep rally for us to review
- We should decide who's bringing hospitality
- And... SU tells me that they've got the warm-ups done. If anyone other than Liberty & Madison would like to buy theirs, I really need you to bring a check for that as soon as you can.
Wednesday, October 02, 2013
From: Jason Sack <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Subject: Stunt Clinics near you!
UCA State Director
Kansas, Iowa, Minnesota
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance to this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.
Monday, September 23, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Okay, so remember last Thursday when I thought I had a meeting during practice but I didn't? That was because that meeting is THIS Thursday (today). But please come anyway, just because you can't work on stunts, you can work on 2 things- finishing the run-thru for NEXT week's game...
AND making plans for your Homecoming "Pup-Rally" for the Elementary kids in Dow City. Friday morning Sept 20. Figure out transportation for everybody from Dunlap (I can't drive you because I teach 8th graders 1&2nd hours), and for everyone FROM DC back to Dunlap for school once you're done. When you get there, check in with Mr. Weber in the office while classroom teachers are taking their attendance. Then they'll all go to the gym. 10-20min tops just like a regular pep rally. So probably 8:45-9:00 or a little later. Use today's practice to discuss what cheers/stunts to do and in what order. Do you want to have Mr. Weber or Mr. Hall or some Coach/Teacher give a short speech? Do you want to teach the Fight Song? Do you take a long Cujo? Kids LOVE Cujo & Chelsea will be eligible again.
Van Time for Coon Rapids is 4:15, but maybe we should leave at 4:00 if we're stopping in Denison to eat.
PS- Liberty, your Shell came. It's on my round table.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Remember that the jersey Auction is this Sunday, September 15
- The Soup Supper starts at 4:30pm if you /your family wants to eat.
- The Jersey Auction starts at 6:00pm, so please try to be there by/before 5:50 or so.
REMEMBER- You are responsible for getting your shell back by Thursday night so that you can have it to wear on Friday, so be sure to pay attention to who buys it, thank them, and get their number.
I asked Ernie to have you go before the football team. Not sure if he or Coach Pete or just the auctioneers will announce you, because (sorry about this) our daughter Ellen is playing piano at the Clay County Fair, so I won't be at the auction, I'll be in Spencer this year.
Friday, September 06, 2013
Want to tell you all- AMAZING first Pep Rally! Maybe best I've seen in my 20 years. Not gonna lie- when the ENTIRE student body stood up when you said "stand & give your battle cry," I had chills. Best in 13 years I've been here. #proud #BVCheer #LOUDandPROUD #FireUP
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
- Practice tomorrow (Thurs 9/5) from 3:30-4:30 (or whenever we need)
- I may or may not be able to attend because I have a SAT team meeting with Mr. Marlin at 3:20.
- Please run through the outline Jenn wrote up for the Pep Rally.
- If you need to, please continue to work on finishing or fixing locker decs. As much as I'd love you to stunt at the pep rally, please do not practice stunting without me there- it's an insurance/legal issue. Thanks,
From: Elisa Kahler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Subject: NFHS SPIRIT RULES CHANGE
Rule 2-1-5b needs to be clarified in regards to modifying stunts to be appropriate for the surface and/or area and in relation to other participants. Cheerleaders may not stunt while holding run-through signs. Also, stunting while the ball is in play during football games could result in injury if the action of the game changes suddenly and players end up out of bounds by the cheerleaders. Football is unique in that it has breaks after every play for cheerleaders to lead chants. Once the action begins, the cheerleaders should be watching the game along with the fans, which will allow them to be ready with appropriate chants when the play is finished.
Another rule that needs to be clarified is Rule 2-3-1 concerning dermal piercings. At the March 2013 meeting of the NFHS Spirit Rules Committee, the committee discussed dermal piercings and approved editing 2.3.1 SITUATION A to indicate that dermal piercings are illegal.
The committee has now revisited that ruling and determined that a participant with a dermal piercing can participate provided the jewelry adornment is removed. As a result, the situation printed in the rules book is now incorrect. The following rewording replaces that situation in the 2013-14 NFHS Spirit Rules Book:
*2.3.1 SITUATION A: A participant is wearing: (a) a watch; (b) post earrings covered by tape; (c) a religious medal on a chain; (d) a navel ring; (e) fish line or spacer through a piercing; (g) a dermal piercing without the jewelry adornment removed. RULING: All are illegal. COMMENT: If the jewelry adornment of a dermal piercing is removed, it is legal.
As always, state associations have the option of adopting a more restrictive rule than the NFHS rule. Thus, state associations could maintain the original wording of the situation and still determine that dermal piercings are illegal regardless of whether the jewelry adornment is removed.
Cheer coaches should make their cheerleaders aware that dermal piercings will again be discussed at the 2014 NFHS Spirit Rules Committee Meeting. The committee could decide to:
1) Allow dermal piercings with the jewelry adornment removed.
2) Allow dermal piercings that cannot be seen - again with the jewelry adornment removed.
3) Make dermal piercings illegal.
Since the NF Spirit Rules Book is not published until after most cheerleading tryouts, coaches should make sure that cheerleaders are aware of the possible consequences of dermal piercings, especially since there is a chance they could be ruled illegal in the future.
Saturday, August 24, 2013
You ladies did so well last night, you deserve to have Monday off.
Friday, August 23, 2013
Art | Yearbook | Cheerleading | Newsletter | Web Coordinator
From: CheerZone <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Subject: NEW! Reebok Alpha Cheer Sale $33.99
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Preliminary price estimates (before screen-printing or embroidery) Jackets around $55 and pants $48. In other words, at least $100 or more.
I'm trying 4 different vendors to see who's cheapest & fastest.
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Translation- You are ON FIRE! Keep it up and this year is gonna be EPIC!
Thursday, August 08, 2013
I'm trying to get quotes from three different vendors on warm-ups, hoping to get them quicker and/or cheaper than from a catalog. On average, it looks like approx. $65 a set, and then another $8-10 for embroidery, so it may end up being close to $70/$80.
I know a few of you have talked about wanting to buy your own, but I'm hoping you won't all have to if our account can buy a few sets that will be "school property." I'll have to check to see how much we have. I can ask Boosters to help, but I hesitate to ask for another $800 right after asking them to spend $1,200 last year for new uniforms.
Hopefully one of the 3 printers can save us some money. The break down is $37 for jackets, $27 for pants and extra $ for a megaphone, BV, or bulldog embroidered on the chest. What I'm looking at is fleece lined and polyester knit or nylon on the outside, so that they'll be durable and WARM.
Please pass this information along to your parents so that no one gets surprised if/when this materializes.
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
I was thinking about Fire-Up, Get Fired Up, or Where There's Smoke There's Fire.
But I'm open. Want something for fun, less angry? More Feminine? More simple? Words but no dog?
Let me know what you think.
Get your surplus BV Cheer swag while it lasts!
Monday, August 05, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
FYI- We have added a week zero game and are waiting for the official state ok. It will be Aug. 23rd in Kingsley. We have lost our week 6 game with Heartland Christian.
I will make the changes to our online calendar & blog as soon as I can. See you Aug 5-9 for "Camp." Savor your last dregs of Summer!
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Coach's Internet Empire
CheerPositive; Our Cheerleading Wiki
Here you'll find videos to chants, jumps, and workouts as well as tons of content about what it means to be a cheerleader and leadership in general.
CheerCoach's Blog; Est.2004
Here's where to look for news & announcements about things like t-shirts, fundraisers, schedule changes etc., as well as pictures, and encouragement. Look through the archives and see what previous squads looked like from years gone by,
Coach's YouTube Channel; Video Tutorials
Here you'll find more videos to chants, jumps and workouts as well as demonstrations by some of our own on how to perform the school fight-song dance. There's even one video from 2005 where the squad runs through our entire list of chants. Want to practice on your own this summer? Then this is where to go.
CheerPinBoard; Ideas & Inspiration
Yes, it can be an addictive waste of time, but unlike facebook- there's no drama! Visit here for quotes, ideas, and resources. Everything from being positive to exercise routines.
Other Valuable Websites
This is THE magazine for cheerleaders.
Miss Pineapple's Cheer Page; Cheer Central
This former cheerleader has put together an amazing menagerie of links, resources, ideas and community.
Varsity.com; NCA, UCA, UDA, plus SHOPPING!
The premiere online destination for cheerleading. Tutorials, Cheers, Chants, Jumps, and shoes clothes & accessories too. This site was started by Varsity sportswear along with the National Cheer Association, and the Universal Cheer and Dance Associations.
ICCA; Iowa Cheer Coaches' Association
Want to know the rules? Here's wo make the rules (I just make you follow them)
FB SEASON PRACTICES
Visit http://cheerpositive.wikispaces.com/BV+Cheer+Calendar to view our Cheer Google Calendar, which you can subscribe to. Or visit and bookmark Boyer Valley's official school calendar at https://firstname.lastname@example.org&ctz=America/Chicago
Mon Aug 5- Fri Aug 9, 9:00AM
2013 SUMMER CHEER PRACTICES (Tentative; pending 4-H, vacation, etc.)
Mon Aug 12-Wed Aug 14
Alternate Dates for Summer Cheer Practices
Thurs & Fri Aug 22-24, 3:20pm
First After-School Practices
Mon, Tues, Thur unless announced otherwise*
*Those on Volleyball and Cross Country are encouraged to attend at least once a week if/when possible, but aren't required to if they can't, so long as they attend Summer Practices.
Anticipate Homecoming to be the October 4 or 11, but TBA until new Student Council Adviser announces.
Fri 30 Aug
EHK-Exira @ Elk Horn
Fri 6 Sep
Glidden Ralston home
Fri 13 Sep
Coon Rapids-Bayard @ Coon Rapids
Fri 20 Sep
Fri 27 Sep
Ar-We-Va @ Westside
Fri 4 Oct
Heartland Christian home
Fri 11 Oct
Fri 18 Oct
Woodbine @ Woodbine
Fri 25 Oct
West Harrison home
Congratulations to the 2013 Football Cheerleaders:
- Jade Allard
- Mali Bounsana
- Larissa Hollinger
- Liberty Monk
- Madison Seuntjens
- Jennifer Zehner
- Catherine Dublinski
- Kaitlin Holben
- Lara Laubscher
Monday, May 13, 2013
I'm waiting on 5 more score sheets from ONE last judge.
At this point, although I have all the other numbers entered, I'm afraid I won't be able to announce next year's squad until at least this Wednesday.
Monday, April 29, 2013
- Tue April 30- MS Track Meet Concessions
- Fri May 3- Tryout Permission Slips & Teacher Recomendations Due
- Mon May 6- Boys Invitational Track Meet Concessions
- Tues May 7 & Thurs May 9- Tryour Practices After School
- Fri May 10- Tryouts!
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tuesday, April 09, 2013
Friday, April 12
OR- Click here for Parental Release Form
and here for a Teacher-Recommendation Form (you need 3)
Monday, April 08, 2013
Tuesday, April 02, 2013
- I have sizes for about half of you, please let me know your size ASAP-
- Katie, Maddie, Larissa, Chelsea, Catherine, & any parents, siblings or friends.
- At least 6 people are okay with the black so far, but Jennifer doesn't want black. Here are 2 comps that show what it would look like in other colors. Everyone who doesn't want black has to agree on one or the other- so please give me your vote; Lime or Pink?
- Sorry, its taken too long to get this finalized, so nothing on the back. Make plans for that for next year.
- $12 each due Friday, April 12.