Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Friday, May 05, 2017
Any Boyer Valley Cheer or Mascot Alumni who still live in the area, and/or any Boyer Valley faculty & staff-
If everyone who requested paperwork tries out, we will have 22 candidates for 8 spots. It's exciting to have so much interest. I'd love to have all four classes represented on the squad. Some of our candidates have experience in dance or gymnastics this year!
So it won't be easy- which is why we need YOUR help. Even with so many candidates, it shouldn't take more than an hour. Would you be willing to help after school on Friday, May 19?
Attached is an example of the evaluation sheets we use, based on NCA/UCA forms. I like to have a minimum of five judges and I like to have a mix of faculty and alumni (NOT including this year's graduating class).
Please let me know as soon as you can if you'd be available so that I'll know how many to plan for. Email, text, tweet, or facebook-message.
Thursday, May 04, 2017
Boyer Valley Cheer Tryouts
& Teacher Evaluation forms due
Tryout Practices After School
Wrestling Cheer it through Woodbine HS,
- Please read the Tryout Outline to see what to expect.
- Parent-Release Form - Must have to be able to try out, due May 12
Signing this form indicates that you have also read and accept the cheer constitution/rules, the inherent risk waiver, tryout outline & score explanation.
- Boyer Valley's Cheerleading Constitution- Please read; includes lettering policy
- Inherent Risk Waiver- Necessary before Summer "boot camp" & practices next fall
- 3 Teacher Recommendation Forms- Due by/before May 12
- PE/Athletics Physical Exam Form- Not necessary to try out, but required before being permitted to practice or perform next fall
- Concussion Form (available in school office)
Thursday, May 19, 2016
Tuesday, March 01, 2016
|MEET||Th Apr 7- HS Girls' Invitational||Thr Apr 21- MS Invitational||Mon May 9- HS Boys' Invitational|
|SUPERVISOR||Coach Mallory||Coach Mallory||Fonda Allan|
|STAFF||Cheyann Wehr, Maddie Henkel, Morgan Klein||Lara Laubscher, Madison Seuntjens, Ella Meyer||Catherine Dublinske, Nicholas Ahart, Sadie Snavely, Lindsey Anderson|
|GIRLS TRK MEET||Girls Meet @ Atlantic|
|CAN'T WORK ►||Lara Laubscher, Madison Seuntjens, Ella Meyer||Lara Laubscher, Madison Seuntjens, Ella Meyer|
Monday, February 15, 2016
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Thursday, October 29, 2015
For those of you who make it onto Wrestling Cheer, Please be aware there will be three dates where we have a conflict:
Here is a Cross-Reference of The Two Schedules
Please refer to our lettering policy. If Coach Dusty can spare you, I'd prefer you not miss more than one. If she has a pretty small squad and can't afford for you to be gone, I may be flexible and be willing for you to miss two games. Keep in mind we already have girls who are also on Drill and Basketball, so any given game we may only have 3-5 instead of 6-8.
I want our cheerleaders to get the opportunity to cheer for Wrestling, if you thought FB & BB were different- Whoa Nelly! And I want to support our Wrestlers. Be that all as it may, I don't want any of you to bite off more than you can chew- nor do I want our program to suffer too much. At bigger schools they make you choose, only one squad or the other, not both. I'd rather be flexible & try to make this work. Of course, you still have to tryout first.
Good luck to all of you who're trying out.
Wish good luck to all the other BV kids who tryout too- it may give them experience that will help them tryout for our squad next May.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
G/B 12/1/2015 6:00PM Glidden-Ralston AWAY
G/B 12/4/2015 6:00PM Woodbine HOME
G/B 12/8/2015 6:00PM Coon Rapids - Bayard AWAY
G/B 12/11/2015 6:00PM Ar-We-Va HOME
G/B 12/15/2015 6:00PM West Harrison HOME
G/B 12/18/2015 6:00PM Adair-Casey AWAY
G/B 12/19/2015 3/4:30PM Paton Churdan HOME
G/B 12/22/2015 6:00PM CAM AWAY
G/B 1/5/2016 6:00PM Charter Oak Ute AWAY
G/B 1/8/2016 6:00PM Glidden-Ralston HOME
G/B 1/12/2016 6:00PM Woodbine AWAY
G/B 1/16/2016 3/4:30PM Coon Rapids - Bayard HOME
G/B 1/19/2016 6:00PM Ar-We-Va AWAY
G/B 1/22/2016 6:00PM Exira-Elk Horn-Kimb. HOME
G/B 1/26/2016 6:00PM West Harrison AWAY
G/B 1/29/2016 6:00PM Adair-Casey HOME
G/B 1/30/2016 3/4:30PM Paton Churdan AWAY
G/B 2/2/2016 6:00PM CAM HOME
G/B 2/5/2016 6:00PM Charter Oak Ute AWAY
G/B 2/8/2016 6:00PM Exira-Elk Horn-Kimb. AWAY
Friday, August 21, 2015
- FIRST OFF- Thank you for attending the Parents/Athletes Meeting Thurs Aug 20, if you weren’t able to, check with me to see if there’s anything you missed. If you did attend, I apologize for any items in this letter which you already know about.
- PHYSICALS- Please make sure that you get them into Lisa in the office. I’m not allowed to let you cheer or practice until you do.
- UNIFORMS- Please stop by the Art Room After School Monday or Tuesday AUG 24&25 to try on & sign-out your uniform. XC & VB athletes, see me before school Tuesday or during 4th Per or Lunch Tues or Wed. Alternates- I apologize, but please wait until Wed after school, once the others have been distributed. Catherine, your new top is on order, Maddie H, worse case scenario, we’ll get you into the older uniform Cheyanne wore at first last year, but barring complications, we should have uniforms for ALL of you.
- BOOSTER MEMBERSHIP DRIVE- You heard about this already if you attended the Athletes’ Meeting- It’s Thursday Aug 27; Come eat supper at 5:00pm & then go out in waves. It’s fast, it’s fun, don’t take rejection personally, it helps our school way more than discount cards or cookie dough. Thanks for your help.
- SCHEDULE CHANGE- The Oct 2 game vs. River Valley has been changed to an away game, just FYI.
- HOSPITALITY- Do we have a volunteer yet for Friday Aug 28’s game yet?
- RUN THRU- Anyone interested in making one for the first game? They’re the Knights. We’ll have to work after school- we’re not allowed to use 9th hour for that sort of thing.
- FOOD DRIVE- Bring a canned or nonperishable food item to the September 11 game at Newell Fonda. What a great way to recognize Patriot’s Day.
- LOCKERS- Remember to see Coach Steele, the AD or Coach Pete if you’d like a PE Locker.
- NO PASS, NO PLAY- Good News/Bad News; As of this year, you are ineligible as soon as you have an F in any class. however, you don’t have to wake a whole week to become eligible again- you will be able to cheer as soon as you raise that grade. Reminder of State Policy- If you get even one F on your Semester grade, you will be ineligible for 30 days from the time report cards go out. That could mean all of January for Basketball or 4 games for next year’s Football if you make it through tryouts again and don’t participate in Track, Golf, or Softball.
- POSSIBLE CHANGES- Just so you’re aware ahead of time; Due to the new 9th hour Tutoring Period M-Th this year, resulting in weekly early dismissal on Fridays- Mr. Gee & Mr. Weber are considering shifting Pep Rallies to Thursdays. I’m waiting to have this confirmed. Obviously, I will try to let you know what I find out as soon as I hear from them.
- HAVE A GREAT YEAR! Good luck with your classes. See you next week.