Sign up for www.replayit.com its fast, fun & free.
Once you do, go to http://www.replayit.com/r/2336900/search/?tags=%22FB+Cheer%22 to see all of our pictures so far this season.
Tell your moms & friends to join too, and then they can share all those cool pictures that they were taking of you at games and maybe we'll use them in the yearbook!
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Sorry about this, but I need to take my daughter Grace to an eye specialist tomorrow and may not be able to make it back by 3:30 for practice.
Monday, August 27, 2012
- Friday's Game is in Glidden, which is about an hour away on HWY 30. If we leave at 5:00pm we could stop for supper in Carroll and still get there by or before 6:30.
- Don't forget- unless I tell you otherwise, always expect to practice 3:30-4:30 Mon-Thurs during FB season. If you can't make it, please try to let me know as soon as you can.
- THIS WEEK- I'd like to work on stunts and mounts. I asked Rena if she could come back to help. Shannon & Jennifer are going to try to come on Wednesday.
- Remember, in HS you really need to keep your grades up to remain eligible. If you need help in English or History/Government I'd be glad to help, but I'm not your man when it comes to higher math. You might want to ask other cheerleaders if they can help you with classes too. And don't forget, Mr. Marlin is setting up a tutoring program, so if you're having a rough time in any class, be sure to ask him about it.
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Here's who's signed up to bring cookies, bars, brownies, or treats for our opponents' cheer squads at halftime of home games during football season:
- AUG 24- Chelsea "Batman" W.
- SEP 07- We need someone! Anyone? Anybody???
- SEP 21- Jessica H. (ps- its' Homecoming night)
- SEP 28- Mali B.
- OCT 12- Kaitlyn (? maybe/probably)
Friday, August 17, 2012
Please plan on practicing after school next week, M-Th (Aug 20-13). It may end up being 3:30-4:30, but just plan on 3:30-5:00 just in case. Here are some things that we'll need to focus on:
- Drawing/Painting a Run-Thru. Exira-EHK are the "Spartans." Any ideas?
- Planning & possibly rehearsing our first Pep Rally for Friday Aug 24
- General outlines usually include:
- Fight Song
- Have XC Captains speak
- VB Captains speak
- FB Captains speak
- Fight Song
- SO... we need to choose 4 cheers & have someone contact Senior Starters/Captains on each team and ask them to plan on saying a few words.
- Get Mali (our other alternate) up to speed on the Fight Song Dance & as many cheers as possible- this will be a great chance for everyone else to review what we learned at "camp" last week.
- Work with Chelsea a little, give her a chance to come up with some improv ideas for Cujo and maybe even help her learn some cheers.
- Volunteer/Assign Hospitality for home games. Take a look at the calendar and see what works for you. Got a favorite recipe? I believe we have 5 home games this year.
- Daily Stretches & Conditioners:
- Before we work on all this other stuff, we will spend 3-5 minutes stretching each muscle area:
- Then whatever other conditioners you're doing on your own, everyday, together we will:
- 5-10 push-ups
- 15-30 crunches
- 16-24 standing cross-crawls
- Alumni: Rena said she'd LOVE to help any time. I told her I'd let her know and maybe ask her back in another week or two. Meanwhile, Samantha Bonham doesn't leave for college for another week and she asked if she could help with practice so she may be joining us next week. If you need help with the dance or particular cheers she'll be glad to lend a hand. Thanks Sam!
- It may work good to have Sam work with Mali and 1 or 2 others of you, I'll work with Chelsea, and the rest either work together or work on painting that run-thru.
- Almost forgot- Yes, time permitting (we have a lot to deal with in 4 days) we will work on stunting. I'd especially like to get Jade some experience basing on the 1/2 extension/prep. But that may end up being something to work on more the second & third weeks. Might be a good reason to bring Rena back too.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Sorry- my very first typo of the year, the first Pep Rally will be Friday Aug. 24 (not 14 or 17 as I said in that last email). Sorry for any confusion.
In case you need to know for planning- We will have a pep rally each time there is a home game on Friday. Which means the first one will be next Friday, August 14.The new Cheer squad has already been working really hard and I'm very proud of them. Thank you in advance for your support.
In case you need to know for planning- We will have a pep rally each time there is a home game on Friday. Which means the first one will be next Friday, August 14.
Friday, August 10, 2012
This squad makes me really proud and they're gonna make Boyer Valley proud too!
Thursday, August 09, 2012
From Mark Stibich, Ph.D., former About.com Guide February 04, 2010 About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board
1. Smiling Makes Us Attractive
We are drawn to people who smile. There is an attraction factor. We want to know a smiling person and figure out what is so good. Frowns, scowls and grimaces all push people away -- but a smile draws them in.
2. Smiling Changes Our Mood
Next time you are feeling down, try putting on a smile. There's a good chance you mood will change for the better. Smiling can trick the body into helping you change your mood.
3. Smiling Is Contagious
When someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smile lots and you will draw people to you.
4. Smiling Relieves Stress
Stress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed. When you are stressed, take time to put on a smile. The stress should be reduced and you'll be better able to take action.
5. Smiling Boosts Your Immune System
Smiling helps the immune system to work better. When you smile, immune function improves possibly because you are more relaxed. Prevent the flu and colds by smiling.
6. Smiling Lowers Your Blood Pressure
When you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure. Give it a try if you have a blood pressure monitor at home. Sit for a few minutes, take a reading. Then smile for a minute and take another reading while still smiling. Do you notice a difference?
7. Smiling Releases Endorphins, Natural Pain Killers and Serotonin
Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together these three make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug.
8. Smiling Lifts the Face and Makes You Look Younger
The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. Don't go for a face lift, just try smiling your way through the day -- you'll look younger and feel better.
9. Smiling Makes You Seem Successful
Smiling people appear more confident, are more likely to be promoted, and more likely to be approached. Put on a smile at meetings and appointments and people will react to you differently.
10. Smiling Helps You Stay Positive
Try this test: Smile. Now try to think of something negative without losing the smile. It's hard. When we smile our body is sending the rest of us a message that "Life is Good!" Stay away from depression, stress and worry by smiling.
Wednesday, August 08, 2012
Anyone who cheered at BV in 2011-12, 2010-11, 2009-10, or 2008-9...
We only have 2 warm-up outfits and should have at least 6
If you cheered last year or the year before (2010-2012) PLEASE look around your house, in your closet, in your basement/attic, wherever. If you find some BV Cheer warm-ups, PLEASE bring them in, send them in, or let me know. It's probably gonna be cold this year and these girls really need them. Than you for your help.
We have 5 pairs of poms and we should have 8. If you cheered last year (2011-2012) PLEASE look around your home and try to find them. When you do, please get them to a current cheerleader, or bring them or send them to school or let me know. Again, thank you.
Finally, we have only 6 uniforms (not including the 2 guys' uniforms)- even though we're Looong over due for new ones, since we've had these since 2006 and we've special ordered a couple here and there, we SHOULD have about 10! If you cheered at BV between 2008 and 2012, please look around your house, your parent's house, the trunk of your car- wherever. If you happen to find a uniform, please send it in or let me know. No questions, no judgement, no fines no nuthin'. We just need them. We don't have a uniform for our alternate and who knows what we'll run into by basketball season. Cheerleaders come in all shapes and sizes, ya know.
And again, I won't be able to thank you enough if you happen to find something and can help us out. We'll all really appreciate it. Thanks.
Tuesday, August 07, 2012
Alternates- The BVCS Cheer Squad may or may not have alternates depending on the talent level at tryouts. All alternates are required to attend all practices and other events with the team. Alternates will only perform in uniform if another squad member is absent (due to Illness, injury, academic eligibility or family function) or if asked by the coach.
If uniforms are available, the coach may decide to have the best performing alternates perform at home football games and/or pep-rallies during football season, but only full-time squad members will perform at away football games and at all basketball games.
At the coach's discretion, an alternate may be asked to take over a position of a team member if their skill level is higher than the current holder and the current team member is not able to perform their duties as a Cheerleader and is not progressing in their cheerleading abilities.
Alternates who perform well and attend practices regularly will be given special consideration at tryouts; this may include receiving up to but no more than 10 extra points added to their lowest judges' score or waiver of one of the three faculty recommendation forms.
Friday, August 03, 2012
Mon-Fri, August 6-10, 9:00AM-NOON
Come whichever days you can, as many days as you can. It would be great if we could have all of you all 5 days, but I think that Kaitlyn already told me she'd miss Monday for a horse thing and I'm not sure when XC practice is for Jenn & Shannon or if/when anyone is in VB.
Meet in the Art room in Dunlap. We'll work in there a lot, and some in the commons (for stunting).
Weather/heat permitting we'll work at least one day down at the track so you know what Friday night football is like. Volleyball permitting, we may even spend a few minutes in the gym just to see what pep rallies and basketball season is like.
|Aug 24||Fri||7:00 pm FB EHK-Exira @ Home|
|Aug 27||Mon||6:00 pm JV FB West Harrison @ Mondamin|
|Aug 31||Fri||7:00 pm FB @ Glidden Ralston|
|Sep 4||Tue||6:00 pm JV FB Glidden/Ralston @ Glidden|
|Sep 7||Fri||7:00 pm FB Coon Rapids-Bayard @ Home|
|Sep 10||Mon||6:30 pm JV FB Elk Horn-K/Exira @ Dunlap|
|Sep 14||Fri||7:00 pm FB @ Stanton|
|Sep 17||Mon||6:30 pm JV FB Woodbine @ Woodbine|
|Sep 21||Fri||7:00 pm FB Ar-We-Va Homecoming|
|Sep 24||Mon||6:30 pm JV FB Coon Rapids-Bayard @ Dunlap|
|Sep 28||Fri||7:00 pm FB @ Heartland Christian|
|Oct 1||Mon||6:30 pm JV FB CO-U @ Charter Oak|
|Oct 5||Fri||7:00 pm FB CO-U @ Charter Oak|
|Oct 8||Mon||6:00 pm JV FB Ar-We-Va @ Dunlap|
|Oct 12||Fri||7:00 pm FB Woodbine @ Home|
|Oct 19||Fri||7:00 pm FB West Harrison @ Mondamin|