Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Friday, May 05, 2017
Any Boyer Valley Cheer or Mascot Alumni who still live in the area, and/or any Boyer Valley faculty & staff-
If everyone who requested paperwork tries out, we will have 22 candidates for 8 spots. It's exciting to have so much interest. I'd love to have all four classes represented on the squad. Some of our candidates have experience in dance or gymnastics this year!
So it won't be easy- which is why we need YOUR help. Even with so many candidates, it shouldn't take more than an hour. Would you be willing to help after school on Friday, May 19?
Attached is an example of the evaluation sheets we use, based on NCA/UCA forms. I like to have a minimum of five judges and I like to have a mix of faculty and alumni (NOT including this year's graduating class).
Please let me know as soon as you can if you'd be available so that I'll know how many to plan for. Email, text, tweet, or facebook-message.
Thursday, May 04, 2017
Boyer Valley Cheer Tryouts
& Teacher Evaluation forms due
Tryout Practices After School
Wrestling Cheer it through Woodbine HS,
- Please read the Tryout Outline to see what to expect.
- Parent-Release Form - Must have to be able to try out, due May 12
Signing this form indicates that you have also read and accept the cheer constitution/rules, the inherent risk waiver, tryout outline & score explanation.
- Boyer Valley's Cheerleading Constitution- Please read; includes lettering policy
- Inherent Risk Waiver- Necessary before Summer "boot camp" & practices next fall
- 3 Teacher Recommendation Forms- Due by/before May 12
- PE/Athletics Physical Exam Form- Not necessary to try out, but required before being permitted to practice or perform next fall
- Concussion Form (available in school office)