Cujo now has his own place on Facebook.
Come say hi to him-
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
- Pep Rally Friday: Because Kensie may or may not even be at school or the game, Christine will MC. I think we're gonna try a blanket race or relay, otherwise it's a pretty standard rally, fite-song, chants, yadda yadda
- Please keep Kens & family in thoughts & prayers as her mom undergoes some medical tests
- Christine bought hospitality and decorated some fun bags to put it in for the AHST cheerleaders. Treat them good (not like how River Valley treated you) lets try to get a good reputation for ourselves around the conference.
- Kassi will cheer with us at least part of the game Fri and Kaitlyn MIGHT too. This is a good thing, there's power in numbers and Sasha will be gone to Kevin's Homecoming game in COU and we won't know if Kensie will be here or not till Friday night. SO let's be flexible and have FUN! Work as a unit, leave the drama and tension home. Remember- EVERYONE can call any chant at any time- treat it like a "Popcorn Drill" at practice. Don't consult, just start in, just be loud. Don't buck or complain if someone starts a chant that you don't remember, either try to keep up, fake it or "attack the crowd." If you do that, we should increase how frequently we've been cheering all season and we should avoid any conflicts. Key words, be flexible and HAVE FUN!
- Oct. 14 is the one and only junior high home game against IKM/Manning- We have six eighth graders that Christine has been working with on Wednesdays (thanks too to Kassi for your help today). I'd really like all of you to come to this game at least for a little while to show them your support. This is a great group who (so far) seem to be learning really well. Plus- no drama (yet). If you all come in a show of force, it will be an awesome boost to the program. Maybe we can even win some of them over from basketball next season and from volleyball and basketball when they come up to high school next year.
Boyer Valley Community Schools
Challenging all students to meet their full potential
mal•com - photos, graphic design and more
Senior Kassi teaches the eighth graders some chants.
I'm excited about the Middle School cheer squad this year. At first I was nervous, no one was coming out. Then, a bunch of 8th grade volleyball players came to me and wanted to learn cheerleading on Wednesdays and some Fridays when they don't have VB practice. Maybe I'm cynical enough to figure they just didn't want to go to study hall, but they've all taken to cheer like fish to water. Most Wednesdays Christine, a Junior helps me teach them, but today she met with a college rep (okay a Navy recruiter, but she wants to go to the Naval Academy). Anyway, with her gone, Kassi stepped in and they must've learned 6 or 8 chants and they look and sound better than any junior high squad I've seen in years!
I wish I had them 4 days a week and I wish that there weren't so few JrHi home football games, because these girls are gonna be every bit as good as any Jr Hi squad I used to have back at LALHS. No offense BV alum, but as good as some of you have been, you usually didn't get very good until you were in high school. I'll be blue if most of them play basketball next season and if none of them cheer next year, because they're a terrific bunch. No drama so far either. Can you believe that?