Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year



Guess what I got for Christmas? A copy of 'Coach Wooden; One-on-One.'
Our friends Anne & Randy go to Shepherd of the Hills Church with Coach in Northridge, CA. Here is a picture of Coach with their daughter, Tasha, she's about the same age as our daughter, Ellie. Anne graduated about 4 years ahead of us at Concordia, then she was the guidence counsellor and later the Vice Pricipal at LA Lutheran Jr/Sr High- so she was a real mentor to me my first few years of teaching and best friends with my wife, Bethany. After the 1994 earthquake when we lost our apartment, we lived in Anne & Randy's Condo when they moved to their first house. Anne tells me that Coach is an amazing speaker and very active at church & community for being in his 90's.

'One-on-One' is an awesome 2 month devotional book that Coach wrote with Jay Carty, a Santa Barbara pastor who played for the Lakers and coaching at Oregon State, bofeore being part of Coach Wooden's staff at UCLA.

I hope you check out at least one of the books I've made links to on these posts, they're really a great way to work on your self discipline, positive thinking and mental and spiritual conditioning. Naturally, if you can't or don't want to buy any of them on the internet, you're more than welcome to borrow any of my copies that I keep in my classroom.

No comments: