Thursday, March 23, 2006

more 'old school'

I'm really bummin' because I don't have pictures of all of my squads. I had to take this one out of an old yearbook. This is 1996-97 JrHi Basketball. I also feel bad that Christy is so crooked and that it's such a dark picture that Nyasha pretty much disapears. You can see how good Jerry is at compensating and balancing- at least better than Christy. Treva is the base on the right- very soft spoken, whisper like, but she could kick and jump like anything.

I guess I'm saddest about the mascot, Amanda. She and Nyasha were part of a prayer group after winter camp (Hume Lake) in the Siera Nevada mountains one year. There were 5 kids so we called it "Party of 5" after the TV show on WB at the time and our core Bible verse was Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." which was part of a song that the camp band played during chapels.

I guess like Christina, Jerry, and Heather, Amanda was important to me and I prayed for her the whole time she was at LALHS but she hasn't kept in touch and the last I heard she may have been having some hard times.

No comments: