Thursday, November 04, 2004

Everything I need to know, I learned as a cheerleader, PART 1

Disclaimer: This website is not an official Boyer Valley Website. Coach Mallory believes in and tries hard to honor the separation-of-church-and-state, SO... you need to know that this blog, as well as others are HIS, not Boyer Valley's and they reflect his ideas, opinions and beliefs, not those of BVHS.

Everything I need to know, I learned as a cheerleader, PART 1
Cheer for the ONE- "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" ~Colossians 3:23

This totally fits with both of the pyramid of success cornerstones, Industriusness (work ethic) and Enthusiasm (passion). Because it shouldn't be about you, or the squad, or the team, school, or anybody but God.

Where's this religious stuff coming from? Well, before I moved to Iowa, I taught and coached at Los Angeles Lutheran Jr/Sr High in Sylmar, CA. Our mission statement was "We share Christ, disciple Christian believers, and educate students for college and life."

Our squad broke huddles by shouting "Glory to GOD!"

Our squad's mission statement was" Spirit-filled servant-leaders, bringing glory to God & building up Lutheran High with unity, character, and joy."

We prayed together and had devotions together. Maybe that all sounds corny to some of you, but it was amazing. So, along with my own history as a cheerleader and coach, updates on how things are going at Boyer Valley, and blocks in the Pyramid of success, I'd like to share with you "Everything I need to know, I learned as a cheerleader" at least once a week or so. Hope it means something to you.

No comments: