1. Who founded Bethune-Cookman College, established the National Council of Negro Women, and served as an advisor on minority affairs to President Franklin D. Roosevelt?
2. What woman was the first African-American woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature. ?
3. What Black woman refused to give up her seat to a White man, in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1955, thus sparking the civil rights movement of the following decade?
4. Who was the first woman to run for President of the United States (1872)?
5. Who opened up social work as a profession for women, and also won the 1931 Nobel Peace Prize for her anti-war organizing work?Find out more about women's history at the national women's history project 's website http://www.nwhp.org
- Mary McLeod Bethune (1875–1955)
- Toni Morrison (b. 1931)
- Rosa Parks (b. 1920)
- Victoria Woodhull (1838-1927)
- Jane Addams (1860-1935)